1. Success–well let’s see.
    I had a successful career as a teacher and coach.
    I had a successful career in the world of nonprofits.
    My children are both successful, responsible citizens. So I must’ve done something right as a mother.
    I am being successful in finding victory through the grief of a disabiling disease.
    I am successful due to my first book being published.
    I am successful each day I get up, exercise, volunteer, go to church, go to Bible study, and do fun things with friends.
    I am successful because God loves me and is for me and I am his workmanship.

2. dawnlizjones says:

This is a GREAT and very timely definition of success!!!

3. Pepper says:

My grandfather used to always tell my brother and I that if you have helped one person breathe easier today you have been successful. It has always stuck with me.

To laugh often and much;
    to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
    to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
    to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
    to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
    to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
    This is to have succeeded. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I never knew of this poem until my grandmother asked me to read it at his funeral. She said it was his favorite. 🙂

1. Pepper, this is a beautiful poem. There are so many take-aways in this one. Just the thought of living in this way–to help someone breathe easier, should be the goal of everyone on the planet. Imagine the impact. 😀

1. Pepper says:

Yes, I agree. I know it is something he lived by and I say to myself everyday. Help one person breathe easier today.

4. Deb says:

The days I spend happy, I consider a success!! xo

5. sailajaP14 says:

I’m alive. I matter. I love life. This is success. ❤

6. I think I was successful today because I prayed for my son with a disabled car, and I waited for a go ahead from God to discuss a touchy subject with a friend. I don’t always wait and listen!

1. Anne, sounds like a successful day to me. I hope your is ok (and the car too).

1. Thank you. Our son is fine, but we think the car may be beyond its useful life. More waiting!

7. Ben Aqiba says:

Great question.
    Success is different for all people.
    For me it is when I do the things I love,otherwise,I’ll have to like the things I do

8. I strive to find something to be thankful for each day and to put in my best every day. At the end of the day, once I’ve got these two covered, I am thankful and consider myself successful.