Pace Yourself

Good morning, dear friends! It’s good to see you all here after a week of turkey, stuffing, and Black Friday shopping. If you’re anything like me, you need a vacation from your vacation just to breathe.

I traveled the entire week, so I’m a little tired, but I feel blessed to have seen family and friends. I served a little and listened a lot. Along the way, I took a little time to breathe and to just enjoy the beauty all around me. A blogging buddy of mine and a friend from my home town made those suggestions to me after reading my post entitled Waiting.  I’m so grateful for their advice. It has made a difference in how I have viewed my world over the past week and how I will approach things going forward.

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. ~1 Corinthians 15:10

Today I challenge you all to do the two things that my friends challenged me to do:

1. Remove the blinders that serve as an Obstruction to all the beauty that surrounds you. Enjoy all that is right in front of you.
  2. Spend your down time serving others. That can take on many forms. Figure out what that means for you. You might already be doing it.

Before you leave this space, take a few minutes to listen to my Music Monday selection from Jonny Diaz entitled Breathe. Have a wonderful week. May blessings abound! ❤

1. Mesca says:

Thanks Michelle, for featuring my poem.<3 Sometimes is difficult to look around and observe, but all we need is to stop our mind for just a few seconds, breathe in and look around. Take care and all the best wishes 🙂

1. You’re welcome. It spoke to me.

2. kemkem says:

Thanks for the motivation and the sweet music to kick off a new week. Happy Belated Thanksgiving. It’s not celebrated in Spain, but they do have Black Friday now though 😦 . Very disappointing.

3. I know all about need a vacation from your vacation. I enjoyed my five days off but I stayed in town for sure. I did enjoy family but I was up far past my bed time every single night. I’m trying to remained focused to bang out the last of 2016.

1. I’ll finally fly home tomorrow and head back to work on Wednesday. I won’t be well rested, but my heart is full (and so is my belly). Chat later, Mimi. 🙂

4. dray0308 says:

Reblogged this on Dream Big, Dream Often and commented:
    Are you following Two Are Better Than One??

5. Jennifer says:

I’m happy to hear you had a good holiday, Michelle! I am right there with you, after a week of spending time with family, I think I need a break from our vacation. 🙂 Today we are just going to clean the house a little and watch movies. I like the advice your friends gave you to focus on breathing and enjoy the beauty around you. My mom, sister, and nephew visited us for Thanksgiving and after they left I was really sad because I wish I lived closer. I think I can apply your advice to enjoy the beauty of spending time with family and cherishing every moment. Have a good week, friend! 🙂

1. Have a good week, my friend. I’m so glad you were able to spend quality time with your loved ones as well. It’s good for the soul. Take care. ❤

6. Girl! I was running so much I came down with the flu. I am now taking a few moments each day to rest and refresh.

1. We spend so much time tending to everyone and everything…to the detriment of ourselves. Get some rest, and get back to being a blessing to everyone you meet. ❤

7. This is a necessary and timely blog Michelle….we must take time to remember to breathe and pace ourselves.

8. I love the seniors at our church, last Sunday one of the older men was having a struggle putting his jacket on, and I stopped and helped him fix it,he’s 89.

9. Tiffany H. says:

Hey Michelle,
    I have been running the entire month of November and i used the thanksgiving holiday to do nothing but sleep, eat, blog and hang out with family on thanksgiving. We are so busy at times that are body needs to relax, I haven;t served as much as I would like to, thanks for the reminder.

10. Adeola Naomi says:

Thank you for the loving and beautiful suggestion. Have a lovely rest of the week.

1. You’re welcome, Adeola!

11. MUAKimPorter says:

Thank you for this post, and for the music. Definitely a nice touch to a wonderful, motivational post.

1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. 🙂

12. Spending your time serving others is a great message! Very nice! 🙂

1. Thanks. Sometimes it’s just necessary. 🙂

13. nesha says:

My goal this week is to make a difference for someone else I am glad to be back home where I can rest and focus.

1. What a nice goal — to be there for someone else. That’s probably an answer to someone’s prayer. ❤

14. naetorious says:

Indeed! Taking off the blinders is necessary for growth! Right on!

15. Miss Jamila says:

Thanks for this post,I never heard of Jonny Diaz, but I did enjoy this song.

1. You’re welcome. I listen to “The Message” on Sirius and Kirk Franklin’s station on Sirius each morning en route to work. I get to hear lots of oldies but also a lot of new stuff.

16. Rose's Daughter says:

Glad to hear you had a great holiday. I know all about needing a holiday from my holiday. I ran myself ragged and got bronchitis! Now i take the time to pace myself and listen to my body!

1. We really need to learn to take care of ourselves. We spend so much time tending to the needs of others and get drained. Get some rest, and recharge. 🙂

17. Kiwi says:

I love post like this that makes me think! I do want to do things that serve people more. I think because of the holidays people only want to serve around these times…but we dont need holidays to be in the “giving” spirit. It should be year round and not just feeding the hungry. There is more to serving people than literally serving people although its still great…but as a human race we need to do more to HELP when we are able and in a position to. I am serving by doing beauty donations to a woman I met in Cuba!

1. Serving makes us feel good too. I’m sure that woman appreciates that you make time to consider her beauty needs. That’s cool, Kiwi. ❤

18. Bree Davis says:

i especially like your first pointer! it is so easy to get caught up thinking about the next thing. super important to slow things down and appreciate the present.

19. great points. i especially like the first one- super important to appreciate the present. too often were already thinking about the future and not enjoying the now.

1. Thanks so much. We fail to just enjoy the present; we’re always looking toward the future. Though that’s not a bad thing, we miss out on so much by focusing on what’s next. 🙂

20. Jonna says:

I’ve been running around for the last 5 years working my blog. As I come up on my 5 year blogiversary next month, everyone is asking for the big celebration. And all I can say is I’m tired!!!! So year 6 will be a shift – I’m taking a little piece of my time back for myself.

1. You must take time to rest. All work and no play makes Jonna a grumpy girl. 🙂 Congratulations on your five year blogging anniversary! You rock! ❤

21. Tikeetha T says:

Love this and I’ve started serving others more.

1. I know you’re a.blessing to others. You’ve been a blessing to me.