Welcome Home

Good Monday morning, brothers and sisters! As I listened to the Music Monday selection for today by Need to Breathe, it transported me to a place in time when I visited Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket. I marveled at the beauty of the lighthouses there and imagined sailing vessels finding their way safely home because those structures were there to help them navigate the dangerous areas. Without them situated right where they needed to be, ships would crash, and people would perish.

God is like a lighthouse in so many ways — sheltering us from the storms of life and protecting us from ourselves.

The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. ~ Psalm 18:2

Are you trying to find your way home today? Leave your baggage right where it is and run to him. He’ll draw you in and make the path clear. Remember that he’s the original GPS. God’s Positioning System will get you safely home, and when you return, his love will envelop you, and the celebration will begin.

Before you head out to work or play, turn up the volume and enjoy my Music Monday selection entitled “Brother” by Need to Breathe. Remember to also scroll down to the comments. Leave me a reply. Did this post resonate with you? Was there a time in your life when you were lost? Perhaps you’re lost or running now. Let us help you find your way home.

1. kemkem says:

I used to love Martha’s Vineyard when l lived in Boston. A beautiful place. I’m glad you have your faith. It can see you through everything.

1. Amen, Sister! Thanks for stopping by.

2. socamom says:

My kids LOVE this song! I am just starting my day and this is a great reminder that God is with me.

1. Awesome! Thanks for stopping by. Sometimes we need a little reminder that he is always with us. ❤

3. Cece Huntsberry says:

Love the inspiring words. Have a great day!

1. Sending hugs and love, Cece.

4. naetorious says:

There was once a time when i was lost. I reconnected within myself before I seeked any outside connection. Great read.

1. I hear ya. Sometimes it’s necessary to reboot so that we can get connected to our power source. Thanks for stopping by.

5. Sigh, got to love that God is always willing to welcome us back home 🙂

1. I’m so glad about that. Thanks for stopping by, Raquel.

6. CJ | Thirty30Courtney.com says:

I don’t necessarily feel lost right now, but just more so in a transition year and I’m letting God guide my steps. It seems as if in my roughest moments he speaks to me and I trust where I am being led.

1. He’s the only help we know, CJ. Continue to trust in his promises and his wonderful plan for your life. I can only imagine what he’s doing to prepare you for what’s next. ❤

7. Holly says:

Isn’t that the truth. Sometimes we don’t even realize we are being protected.

1. Amen…from dangerous relationships, from negative people, from success too soon, from complete destruction. He is our refuge.

8. I needed to read these words today. Thank you for sharing.

1. Amen! I always pray that God sends these posts to whomever is in need. Thanks for the feedback and have a wonderful day. ❤

9. My true north is in Him. Over the past few years my experience with Him has shown me that He is my source and one constant.

10. I’ve never heard this song before. Thanks for sharing it with us!

1. You’re welcome. Thanks for stopping by, Latoya. ❤

11. Ty Knighten says:

I have never heard this so g before. Thanks for sharing. I needed this right now.

1. I’m here to encourage others, Ty. I don’t believe in accidents, and God sent you here for a reason. I hope you’ll visit again soon.

12. LaQuisha Hall says:

So thankful for God’s love and protection! Thanks for sharing!

1. Praise God! He sticks closer than a brother. Welcome to The Malone Zone, LaQuisha. ❤

13. Antoinette says:

Love it-uplifting and inspiring. I thank God every day for bringing me through situations in which I felt lost and alone.

1. Praise God, Antionette. He is faithful and can do all things but fail. Welcome to The Malone Zone. ❤

14. dray0308 says:

Reblogged this on DREAM BIG DREAM OFTEN and commented:
    Two Are Better Than One has a new theme!! Love it!

15. Tia says:

Awesome song! I love Martha’s Vineyard in that it’s so peaceful and Serene. I need to get back there soon.

1. Tia, I’ve only been once, and I’ll never forget it. I’m a Southern girl, and I went during Easter. Boy, was it cold! I’ll never forget the natural beauty and the lighthouses. Thanks for stopping by,

16. LydiaA1614 says:

I love both the post and song! Thanks for sharing!

1. Awww…thanks so much Lydia. I hope you’re doing well.

1. LydiaA1614 says:

Yes, thank you, Michelle. I hope you are having a good week.

1. It’s been a good week, and I am worn out already…one more day. 😀

17. teachezwell says:

Loved to consider God as the original GPS system! Great way to put it. I’m grateful that every time I get off track, he pulls me close. How did I live without him??

1. Thanks for reading. We can’t make it without him. 😀