Everything Is About to Change

Good Monday morning, friends! Β I sure hope you’re ready for what this week has to offer. I truly believe that something great is about to happen to you that will change your attitude. Many people complain about Mondays because it’s the start of the work week for those of us who are still in the game. For those who are unemployed or unable to work, they might welcome Monday mornings and revel in the frenzied ritual of getting ready for work.

Our lives aren’t perfect, but they’re uniquely ours and are meant to fit us like a great pair of running shoes or your favorite jeans. But even with the comfort associated with those shoes or those jeans, discomfort has a tendency to show up when you least expect it. Β You know it’s coming — just like you know you’ll have to get fitted for a new pair of shoes due to wear and tear or search for a new pair of jeans for the same reason. We always seem to think that these seasons of discomfort crop up out of nowhere, when in actuality, the signs were there all along.

Today I challenge you to seek, identify, and track the signs of change in your life rather than ignoring them. Whether you’re about to experience a fallow season or a bumper crop, seek, identify, and track the signs of change. Then move through this season — praising God for the opportunity to live, to bend, to change, and to grow.

As you prepare for these changes, reflect on the powerful verses in Ecclesiastes 3. May these truths sustain you for the week (if not a lifetime).

There is a time for everything,Β and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.Β

Before you leave, pump up the volume and get ready to “Move” to the groove of my Music Monday selection from Mercy Me.

NOTE – Bible verse courtesy ofΒ Bible Gateway.

1. rbaldwin0204 says:

Thanks for the Monday motivation, Michelle. The verse and song are great complements to your post!

1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for commenting — music to my ears. ❀

2. Fantastic post i loved
    a time to sow and a time to uproot.

A time to get passed those fears once and for all… i time to grow up and stop being lazy …. i say these to myself live your post so great. Regards bella

1. Thanks, Bella! ❀ Feel free to share it with others if you think it will bless them.

3. Roos Ruse says:

Your writing flows with smooth, assuring, easy eloquence. Great post, Michelle.

1. Thanks, Sweet friend! Have a wonderful week!

4. J L Hunt says:

For me, this was a timely post, very good read πŸ™‚

1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read it. God always sends these posts to those who need them most. I can’t take much credit for the ideas. The Holy Spirit gives me the words, and I’m just an obedient typist. πŸ˜€ May all your prayers be answered. ❀

5. Muriel says:

Great Motivation and beautifully written. I needed this today!

1. May all your needs be met and all your prayers answered, bestie. Love you!

6. Tikeetha T says:

love this. I’m going to do it.

1. Hey Sis…thanks for stopping by and sharing your love. Let me know how things turn out. ❀

7. Rose says:

Amen! Here is to anticipating, welcoming, embracing, preparing for CHANGE!

1. That’s the spirit, Rose! πŸ˜€

8. dray0308 says:

Reblogged this on DREAM BIG DREAM OFTEN and commented:
    Are you following Two Are Better Than One??

1. Thanks so much, Danny. Xoxo

9. Lovely post to read this Sunday afternoon. I like the gentle advice and I have always believed that the right attitude definitely makes any discomfort bearable, be it Monday, Tuesday…tight jeans and all πŸ™‚ Enjoy a blessed day today.

1. Thanks for stopping by, Jacqueline. Honey, those tight jeans tho…lol. Enjoy your afternoon. It’s still mid-morning here. ❀

10. teachezwell says:

Reblogged this on Teachezwell Blog and commented:
    Michelle Malone has an amazing blog which I found through A Thomas Point of View. Both bloggers are compassionate, analytical, and terrific writers. Check out this gem!

1. You’re very kind. Thank you. ❀

1. teachezwell says:

Your blog is LOADED with goodies! Wisdom, thoughtfulness, encouragement, faith- what’s not to love?

1. Thank you. I wish I could take full credit. The Holy Spirit whispers these words to me each time I post; I’m just an obedient typist…lol. I sincerely don’t remember writing most of these posts when I go back and read them. I’m just grateful that these words are resonating with others and traveling all over the world.

2. teachezwell says:

You have no idea how that touches my heart. What a joy to find a sister in Christ like you!