Celebrating Mom in May

Mother’s Day is May 8th — a day to celebrate all moms across this beautiful planet. Instead of waiting until then, let’s just start a little early. Now, I’m an only child and tend to be a bit selfish at times, but not this time. I want to share this space with all of you by sharing your stories about why your mom is so awesome.

Whether she’s still here on Earth or with you in spirit, trust and believe that her influence has stayed with you. In an effort to share a little laughter, love, and life lessons, drop me a line by clicking here. You can write a short (or long) post about anything that salutes your mom, and I’ll publish it here — one post per day. Share the link on your social media sites to spread the laughter, love, and life lessons throughout the month of May.

I’ll start us off with a repost tomorrow entitled Mama Knows Best, but I really want to hear your stories.  Remember, our stories unite us, so why not learn a little about each other as we salute our moms.

1. Thanks! If you’d like to write a guest post, I’d love to share it. 😀

1. Amra Ismail says:

I shall try 🙂 and hope my schedule permits some time off.

1. No pressure…try to rest when you get a little time off. It’s a pity we have to work for a living. 😀

1. Sheridan Johnson says:

I love this idea!!♡♡

1. Thanks so much, Sheridan! If time permits, salute your mom. I’d love to share your poetry, short stories, or photos on my blog. 😀

1. Sheridan Johnson says:

perfect, will do! ♡♡

1. Yaaay! Once you visit my contact page, we’ll be connected via e-mail. 🙂

2. Sheridan Johnson says:

Let me know if this post will be good and I will send it to you, or would like you like for me to write another one?

3. Oh my goodness! Perfect…no need to write another. 🙂 I’ll post it on Monday and link it to your page with a brief description of you! Thank you!

4. Sheridan Johnson says:

Ok perfect! Thank you Michelle! 🙂

5. I can hardly wait to share it. Feel free to message me from my contact page. I’ll share the draft w/you before I publish it.

2. EttaD says:

Awesome post, my Mom is still with me, though I lost my grandmother, whom I was raised by, a few years ago. It took a long while to build a good relationship with my Mom. But now that we have, it’s hard to imagine life without her.
    Mother’s Day here in Uk was March 26th, two days before my birthday. So I get to celebrate twice because I’m also observing the traditional Mother’s Day of May 8th 😉

1. What a gift to have two moms! If you’d like to write a guest post, I’d love to salute them both. Just send me a note via my contact page. 🙂

3. A very lovely idea Michelle. I hope I remember to send in something. Let me bookmark it.

1. I would love that! Thank you! ❤

4. Great initiative! What a great way to salute mothers. 😀

1. Would you like to write a guest post? Some folks are writing poetry. Others are writing a funny story or life lesson.

1. My schedule may not permit as you may be aware that I’m taking break from WP. 🙂 My kids are having exams, so it equates to me taking exam too! LOL! I’ll only be back to posting around mid May. I guess it’ll be too late for your project.

1. I get it! If you change your mind, the project lasts all May. 🙂 Enjoy your break.

2. Thank you. 🙂 ❤

1. Thanks, Jacqueline!

5. shandraeats says:

My mother was and still is caring, loving, and well respected within our family. She was there when I needed an listening ear and she loves the Lord!

6. SonniQ says:

It’s a little late in the month but it’s still May! I am so fortunate to have the mother vi do. She’s still living – 83. She always knew I had to go places. Things to do. Dreams to grab. Life around me was always changing. It still is even though I am now almost 62. She’s my best friend. We can talk for endless hours. Last month she had a stroke. It’s been slow going but she has a lot of faith and determination in her Buddhist practice of 27 years, to overcome the mountains she has to climb. She was very active but now has a lot of loss on the right side of her body. She teaches me courage and to have patience. There are those that think they can and those that think they can’t – and they are both right. You have to believe, with no doubt, that you will still have a happy life of value, even if your life might not be exactly the same. There is a reason for everything. You reap what you sow. The law of cause and effect. She has diabetes, and it caused this stroke because of the type of blood vessels it affected. So many people have diabetes and think all they have to do is keep their sugar in line and don’t think of the other damage it does and don’t do enough to change what they eat. So if this could be you -or your mother – go the extra mile to be more preventative.

1. It’s never too late to celebrate moms. I’m glad you have a wonderful relationship with yours. What a blessing to still have her at 83– encouraging and influencing you.

1. SonniQ says:

I don’t know what I’d do without her so we make use of every day!