10 Things I Envision For 2016

Where there is no vision, the people perish.

Proverbs 29:18

This year I did something that I had never done before, and I actually enjoyed it. I took the advice of a well-known minister: “Start where you want to finish.”

Feast your eyes on my Vision Board for the new year.

Vision Board - 2016
Michelle Malone’s Vision for 2016

Instead of writing out my goals and strategies as I always do, I decided to represent them pictorially. My plan is to print and frame two copies — one for my office and one for my work space at home.  That way, my goals are ever present. I think this might be the first time that I’ve started my year with a vision rather than a resolution. For this exercise, I took some time to reflect on 2015 (which was a great year), and I envisioned what I’d like to do to add value to my life and that of others in the new year.

I decided that I want to primarily work on four areas:  relationships, mentoring , my career, and white space. As you can see, I have made scriptural references to each area in order to anchor those goals.

Top Ten

1.  God’s plan for me is perfect, so I will continue to consult him first in all matters–especially my career aspirations.
  2. My marriage is the most important relationship on Earth. I will do everything within my power to honor this union.
  3. Two are Better Than One is my hobby, my passion, and the scariest thing I’ve ever endeavored. It’s also very rewarding and has allowed me to meet a few hundred gifted writers. This blog is the first step toward publishing my first book.
  4. Carve out time for family often — no excuses.
  5. I will use my gift of discernment and seek sage advice from my Village People to make good decisions.
  6. I will lead a healthy lifestyle — in mind, body, and spirit. Yoga and meditation are two things I plan to work into my schedule.
  7. Be courageous!  I remember seeing a quote that states that courage isn’t the absence of fear but the triumph over it.
  8. Embrace John 3: 30 — He must become greater, and I must become less.
  9. Recharge by carving out time to explore my creative side. I’ll really have to dig deep on this one. I’m open to suggestions.
  10. Rest and Relaxation — I’m still learning when to say when, but I have gotten better.

That’s my list. I’d love to see yours.  Don’t be shy. Share it, and we can revisit it together in a few months.

Happy New Year!

1. Jamie Renn says:

Dance class is always an option to help with #9. Come anytime. (It’s not like you’re busy during the day or anything…😉)

1. Jamie, you’re so funny and such a breath of fresh air. I should show up more often — might even find some rhythm. 🙂

2. gilian says:

I’m doing #9. I bought some really cool markers, pens, art supplies and sketchpads. I then doodle or draw the verse or the rhema for that day. 🙂 It’s very relaxing. 🙂

3. vicki says:

Imagine my surprise at opening your post and seeing a vision board!! I had a friend invite me to create one of my own for the first time ever. I love yours! I love your ideas- and to keep to 4 areas of your life. Grounded in scripture… Great ideas!!!
    Blessings, Vicki

1. Thanks for checking it out. This is the first time I’ve done one. I believe I’ll be a bit more focused. I’d love to see yours. 🙂

1. vicki says:

I was supposed to start it on Dec. 31st. That was when they were doing a big facebook party to work on them together….. I still haven’t started! Hoping to tomorrow!!!

4. mescalime says:

Love your list, Michelle! For 2016 I made a jar where I can gather notes with all the good things that happened during the year. This way I can make a positive review in the end 😊

Liked by 2 people

1. Thanks so much! Great minds think alike. I have a jar too. I’ll open it on Christmas day.

5. Wow I loved this list!! These are some really great ideas!!
    -Shamira 😊

1. Thanks so much, Shamira!

6. Cheyanne says:

I believe nurturing creativity is SO IMPORTANT! What sort of things are you interested in? I love to crochet but I’m a bit biased 😉

1. I want to learn to crochet. A lady in my neighborhood attempted to teach me when I was a kid. I just couldn’t keep still. I’m ready now.