Mid-Week Motivation

Tis the season to run errands, search for gifts, plan your parties, send out cards, find ugly sweaters, bake yummy cookies, decorate your homes, and drag yourself to work each day as you try to stay healthy at the same time.

Although this is a joyous season, some of us need a little encouragement to make it through the busyness of Christmas unscathed, and sometimes we just need a free pass to NOT get it all done. I give myself a free pass every year because I set the bar pretty low — knowing that shopping for the perfect gift that may end up re-gifted and braving the traffic en route to crowded stores to find those highly-coveted items on everyone’s list just isn’t a priority for me.  Judge me if you must, but if I give generously all year long, I think I’m entitled to a waiver.

Today I’m giving everyone a free pass. That’s my gift to you. Along with that free pass, I have a homework assignment for the rest of the week.  Spend a little time each day encouraging others.  Iron sharpens iron. You just never know when you’ll need to be sharpened, polished, or forgiven.

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. ~ Hebrews 10:24-25

Take a little time this week to intentionally build each other up, and not just the folks you like.  That’s easy. Go out of your way to be kind to someone who has been unkind to you, or better yet, build up someone who needs to hear a little substantive feedback about how they have improved in some area, made a difference in your life, or stepped up to do something no one else wanted to do. If we all spend more time building each other up, we’d have fewer broken lives to mend in the long run.

“Washed by the Water” – Need to Breathe

1. This was a wonderful post. “Iron Sharpens Iron”. I’m going to take up the assignment for the rest of the week!

Liked by 2 people

1. Awesome! Thanks so much. Feel free to share it so that more people accept the challenge of building each other up.

2. Cheyanne says:

Thanks for the free pass! Although, to be fair, I gave myself a free pass A WHILE ago! And I just found out that I actually won’t be celebrating the holidays with my mom and my brother until New Years! So I’m being EXTRA lenient with myself these days 🙂

I’ll do my best to do my homework though 😉 It’s important work! I try to do this every day as is but sometimes you need that extra reminder. 🙂

1. You’re smart, Cheyanne. We really need to cut ourselves some slack. Also, thanks for doing the homework. I don’t always assign homework, but when I do, it benefits everyone. 🙂

2. Roo's Ruse says:

Cheyanne, with your positive attitude you can’t fail. Plan changes used to trip me up. As Iron Sharpens Iron, so you and Michelle encouraged me today. I think it’s tea time!

Liked by 2 people

3. aeck73 says:

Love, love, love. We are often gracious to others and never ourselves. I am blessed to have the support of family and a great group I work with that remind me to take the pass. I love this season and over the last several years have tried to keep the focus where the focus is to be not the hustle and bustle but the stories, traditions and the snuggles. Thanks for sharing an open heart and life with us through blogs and in person.

1. Thanks for always gifting kindness, Amy. It’s as easy as breathing for you. I think you’ve taken John 3:30 to a whole new level. Missed you today! 🙂

4. mescalime says:

Such a beautiful and motivational post Michelle! Thank you☺

1. You’re welcome. Thanks for giving this novice blogger a little time and the gift of commenting. 🙂

1. mescalime says:

It is always my pleasure! Plus I love your writing and your positive approach. 😊

1. Well, the feeling is mutual, my friend. Keep sharing your gift with us all. By the way, do you blog daily? Just curious…

2. mescalime says:

I do now, as I joined a Blogging University course. When I am really busy I only do it twice a week. It’s not a set thing and it shouldn’t be since this is a hobby, after all. 😊

5. Roo's Ruse says:

This post motivated me to relax first. Then refreshed, two projects seemed to fall together themselves and led to another. Having upgraded software on Tuesday and our service provider changed before I checked on it Wednesday. Your posts blessed me beyond measure. The way God knits us together, His timing is perfect!